Rehearsal 1 Sept procedures
What to bring-
Water, snack if you wish, 3 ring binder (WW, Brass, and Perc) with 5 plastic sheets and a PENCIL
Arrival Procedures- -
3:15- rehearse (crow pitch review/breathing exercises) 2020 Warmup sheet and School sings and SSB.
5:15- rehearsal ends
Parents- please park in the student parking lot closest to HWY 41. Please leave the area around the band room (circle drive) clear for student entrance and exit.
Dismiss by sections- put instrument in case and take the case to your car. Please take music stand back to the band room and place in the front middle of the room.
26 AUG 2020
We’re getting the band back together!!!!
Who: currently enrolled MNHHS band students (5th and 6th period, remote and hybrid) and invited JMMS/BSMS band members
When: Tuesday’s and Thursday’s, after school, from 3:15pm-5:15pm, starting Tues Sept 1.
- - We will be outside all the time. Enter the building to get instrument and bathroom only. Information forthcoming about staggered entrance times.
- - If we need to cancel because of heat/rain/weather, we will send a remind text and Facebook post. MNHHS Band remind account info = send a text to 81010 Text this message: @92aha28 and facebook page is “Madisonville North Hopkins Marching Maroons.”
What: Learn school songs and SSB, short pep tunes, and a college-type BEATLES show to perform.
What to bring: your own water and snacks, a 3 ring binder (musicians) with about 5 plastic sheets.
Possible Performances: Fri Sept 11, Fri Oct 2, Fri Oct 16, Fri Oct 23, Fri Nov 13 (possible home playoff game)
Music: link will be active soon (as well as hard copies available) with mp3/PDF of wind/perc parts-
Please be aware of the following school system expectations-
•Social distancing must continue to occur
• All students and staff shall be screened for symptoms of COVID-19 including temperature taking and documenting before participation. Any person with a temperature of 100.4 or higher is considered to have symptoms of COVID-19.
• Any person experiencing symptoms of COVID-19 shall be sent home immediately and should contact their health care professional. Such situations will be documented by the head coach or advisor, and a record shall be submitted to the school athletic director or administrator.
• Only essential personnel are permitted at practices (no parents, boosters, etc.).
• To the extent possible, participants should avoid unnecessary physical contact such as high fives, hugs, or other close contact activities.
• Water, food, and snacks shall not be furnished. If desired, students must bring their own water bottle, and sharing is prohibited.
• Masks are required unless specifically performing an action that deems it unsafe or a risk.
We look forward to seeing you!!
Alan and Sarah Emerson